city theatre landshut.
84028 Landshut (AT)
As part of the general refurbishment and expansion of the Landshut Municipal Theatre from 1841, three new stages are to be planned. The proposed, extended building complex is a mediator between the old town, the Isar river and the Ringelstecherwiese meadow to the south. The new additions to the halls and stages are arranged along a functional axis. Access zones are located in the distance areas from the listed building.
Renovation and extension
City Landshut, Altstadt 318
Open single-phase realization competition
Project director: Markus Klausecker
Project leader: Clemens Aniser
Project team: Kristyna Trojanova
The multi-layered theatre ensemble opens up to the river landscape and forms a spacious residence and public event area directly on the Isar. An open staircase leads up to the new, central foyer, a barrier-free access area for spectators and event areas with special viewing qualities.
The large hall offers up to 288 seats on the parquet floor and 155 seats on the balcony. The room acoustics created by the spatial dimensioning and the choice of surfaces allow a multi-purpose use from classical to dramatic.
The restoration of the existing building includes the renovation and fire protection of administration, workshops and living quarters. The large hall undergoes partial technical repairs and technical protection in the form of a high-pressure water mist extinguishing system.