1010 Vienna (AT)
In a prominent area, surrounded by Albertina Museum, Vienna State Opera and Burggarten, inside of the Hanuschhof, a private museum for the HEIDI HORTEN COLLECTION will be built. To give the awe-inspiring artworks of passionate collector countess Goëss-Horten enough room and to make them accessible to public, the annex, which was built in 1914, will be revitalized and receive a redevelopment.
the next ENTERprise
Museum, revitalization, redevelopment
Palais Goëss-Horten GmbH
Gross floor area: 3,960 m²
Floor area ratio: 2,680 m²
Museum: 1,630 m²
Offices: 510 m²
Secondary areas and building services: 540 m²
Project direction: Wolfgang Ruthensteiner
Project management: Franz Kreczy
Project team: Penelope Rüttimann, Julia Zsabetich, Anita Lischka
Consultants and specialist planners
Structural engineer: Bollinger & Grohmann
Building physics: iC consulenten
Building services: Schmidt Reuter
Fire safety engineer: Norbert Rabl
Open space planning: Land in Sicht
Light planning: Christian Ploderer
The appearance of the non-listed building will be conserved, while a new spatial experience arises within: the middle part of the building will be hollowed out to provide space for 2 floating, twisted platforms. As a result, 3 column-free areas provide space for a flexible exhibition design. Objectual staircases run through the building-high open space areas, connect the platforms amongst each other and allow for approaching and experiencing of the artworks from various vantage points. Floor-to-ceiling inner walls provide plenty of space for art and invite for circulation through the exhibition. The lateral wings not only provide space for spatial development and secondary areas, but also for cabinets, which enter a dialogue with the main room, enable for a more intimate access to the artworks and add to the versatility of the museum.
Office spaces in the attic provide space for the administration. The building receives a full cellar, to make room for secondary areas, building services and archive, and allow for the above-ground room to be dedicated solely to art.
The semi-public courtyard, which momentarily is used mostly for parking, will be valorized, complemented by a sculpture garden, and invites to linger by increasing the quality of time spent.
2301 Groß-Enzersdorf (AT)